(i.e they have actual real-life renovation pictures to show, because they don't live with their parents, or sleep in a horribly lilac-coloured bedroom that they are not allowed to repaint, and they actually get to buy furniture and bust down walls. And they are not a poor student so they actually have a budget to work with! omg - dreams come true. OH and they probably also have an actual proper camera! Or at least an iPhone to make there low-res pictures look purty)
And yet at the same time there has been so much going on around here that I totally SHOULD have something to say. Which might make this my first words-post ever.
- I babysat last weekend for the first time in a few years. 2 toddlers. It was terrifying. I called Big C up and told him we are not having kids, ever. I just can't live with poop on my hands and anything less than a 3-to-1 ratio of parents to kids.
- (to which he said: "No, actually tell me, how many kids are we actually having? Because I need to budget for this.")
- (I'm not telling what my answer was).
- Since I'm getting married in barely 4.5 months it's been all go... we have booked a venue that I LOVE and also some amazing photographers who I will no doubt share more about at some point. To be honest it feels like I haven't had time to catch my breath since we got engaged nearly 3 weeks ago. But at least the main things are booked... the hardest part is finalising the guest list. It's just impossible to have everyone you want to have.
- I was a bridesmaid in my cousin's wedding, and a friend took the "getting ready" photos here. Purty! The other official photos are still to come, but here is one we snapped quickly on the drive out to the venue.
|What you can't tell in this photo is that it was an absolutely freezy-middle-of-winter day.||But STUNNING.|
- I seem to swing between being very excited and very stressed. I've become a hyper-organised super-planner. I'm already wondering which rooms in the house will be for wedding guests to stay in, and what we need to do to make them suitable... as if designing and making a wedding dress and all the invitations and the cake etc wasn't enough work!
|We're going to practice icing this one.|
- On Sunday the venue-people showed us their old piano that we can use for our candy buffet! It will be so much cooler than a straight table because we can use both levels. Woop.
Congratulations if you have actually read this far. I'm flattered and will probably ask where I can buy you a medal. (Except it would be an imaginary one. Or at least 2-D..)