Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Illustration Station

I've had illustration on my mind for a while.
It's one of those things I used to love doing back when I had time and studying architecture wasn't taking over my life... now I get to "illustrate" concrete foundation slabs and timber joists. Woot go me!


kiwi interior design, interior design blog, home decor, new zealand home decor, new zealand interior design, home decor blog
                                                              Source: dripbook.com via Amy on Pinterest


Sandra Suy was the first artist who I really ever noticed internationally. You can see why in her picture's above and below - these are 2 of my favourites.

                                                                         Source: dripbook.com via Amy on Pinterest


I love how only part of it is coloured. I often think some paintings look best half-finished!


And of course the Finnish artist Jutta Rikola, check out this quirky illustration below. I love the serious facial expression, juxtaposed by the not-so-serious headgear.

                                                             Source: kootutmurut.com via Amy on Pinterest



Now if I could just find time to do some doodles of my own. Here's an old sketch I did a year or two ago (below). It's one of those things you need to keep practising or else you get rusty. I did love drawing/inventing her scarf and funny head-beads, not quite sure how they would function in day-to-day use tho.... ;)


 Do you have a favourite illustrator? 
I'd love to hear about some others.

                 - Amyshka

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!