Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Kiwi Land

It's winter here Down Under (actually, if Australia is 'Down Under', I guess that makes New Zealand 'Down Under Down Under'?) and I thought a pick-me-up of my summer holiday pictures from January this year were in order.

These are all taken around the upper North Island where I roadtripped and explored with 2 friends and Big C. Having been and lived overseas, I now understand why this country is considered so beautiful.

I'm thinking of starting a series of "Kiwi Inspired" colour palettes and mood boards in the near future. For now, the snaps:


”New
The stunning isolated Pokahino Bay - a handful of people walk down through the bush to get here



”New
I loved the colour of the water at this deserted beach we found. I think it might have been Waimahana Bay.


”New
Someone poked a flower in my hair while we walked around Waitangi - the home of New Zealand's Waitangi Treaty.



”New
On Big C's birthday we went sand-surfing at 90 mile beach. The climb up is harder than it looks! Needless to say, he loved it, and surfed the hill more times than anyone else. (I was stumped after one go).



”New
All 4 of us fell in love with Russell - a quaint town accessible by boat, that was New Zealand's first Capital



”New
Cape Reinga - the tip top of New Zealand. We were lucky it was such an amazingly clear day.

Those are some of my favourite summer memories. Just a few more months until it's back again. :)

     - Amyshka

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!